14th Annual CyberTherapy (CT14)& CyberPsychology Conference
June 21st to 23rd 2009 in Verbania, Lago Maggiore, Italy
The Interactive Media Institute in collaboration with the Istituto Auxologico Italiano
is proud to announce the second call for abstracts for CyberTherapy14 & CyberPsychology.
The submission deadline is January 15th, 2009.
Pre-conference Workshops: June 21st, 2009
Conference: June 22nd - 23rd, 2009
Cyberarium: June 22nd, 2009
CyberFashion Show: June 22nd, 2009
Submission and Registration Deadlines:
January 15th, 2009: Oral, Poster, and Symposia abstracts due.
February 15th, 2009: Authors are informed if their submission has been accepted.
March 15th, 2009: Submission deadline for full papers.
May 15th, 2009: Deadline for early registration (see website for details).
June 15th, 2009: Deadline for online registration
All deadlines are firm and will be respected.
To submit your abstract, register for the conference or obtain additional information,
please visit the CyberTherapy14 & CyberPsychology website at http://www.e-therapy.info
Note that abstracts will be published in a regular issue of the journal Cyberpsychology and Behavior (indexed in Medline and PsychInfo) and presentations will be available in PDF on the CT14 web site shortly after the conference. Accepted full papers will be published in the Annual Review of CyberTherapy and Telemedicine, which is indexed in PsychInfo.
This year's conference will be held at Villa Caramora, situated in Verbania, Lago Maggiore, Italy, which is one of the most fascinating areas of Italy that is internationally known for its beauty.
A list of local accommodations can be found on the CT14 website under the section "Suggested Hotels", there you will find hotels that are served with a direct connection to the congress site. When contacting the hotels, inform reservations that you are attending the CyberTherapy14 and CyberPsychology conference to benefit from the conference rates; however, you need to reserve your room early!
The Interactive Media Institute in collaboration with the Istituto Auxologico Italiano is pleased to announce the 14th Annual International CyberTherapy (CT14) & CyberPsychology Conference. This prestigious conference brings together researchers, academicians, funders, policy makers, and industry representatives to share and discuss advancements in the growing discipline of CyberPsychology, CyberTherapy, CyberTraining, and CyberRehabilitation.
This conference was originally a specialized symposium at the Medicine Meets Virtual Reality Conference (www.nextmed.com/mmvr_virtual_reality.html
) featuring presentations that dealt mostly with conceptual matters and future possibilities. The symposium has continued to grow over the years in both size and scientific evidence, and spun off into an independent three-day conference in 2003.
Oral presentations, posters and symposiums are sought in the following areas, but are not limited to:
· Mobile Phones
· Multiplayer on-line games
· Social Networking
· Science 2.0
· Web 2.0
. Adaptive Displays
· Advanced user interfaces
· Anxiety disorders
· Augmented reality
· Avatars and autonomous agents
· Brain Computer Interface
· Cognitive assessment
· Eating disorders, obesity and body image disturbances
· Mobile Computing
· Motor Rehabilitation
· Neuropsychological assessment
· Pain reduction
· Physiological measurement and imaging during immersion in VR
· Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
· Telehealth and videoconferencing
· Videogame applications
· Virtual reality applications
· Wearable Technology for Training, Healthcare, and Wellbeing
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Interactive Media Institute, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (San Diego, CA, USA and Brussels, Belgium).
Istituto Auxologico Italiano (Milan, Italy)
1. The full conference and pre-conference workshops are approved for Continuing Education Credits through the American Psychological Association and the Ministero della Salute of Italy.
2. There will be various professional and student awards for scientific merit given at CT14. Check out the website for more information!
3. CyberTherapy14 & CyberPsychology Workshops: Workshops will be held on a variety of topics on Sunday, June 21st. The two general objectives of these workshops are: (a) to present data-driven material that is representative of the current state of research and knowledge in the field of the workshop, and (b) to familiarize the participants with the application of VR in the workshop field (with demos, etc.). CE credits (APA approved) will be delivered to those attending the workshops.
An introduction italian speaking workshop in the morning will allow individuals who are newcomers in the field to get acquainted with topics such as: what is VR, what type of equipment is involved, what is presence, what is cybersickness and other "technical" aspects of VR. The advanced workshops will be for people who either already have some knowledge about VR, or have been to the introduction workshop. Visit the CT14 website for more information.
The next Annual CyberTherapy & CyberPsychology Conference (CT14) will be held in Verbania, Lago Maggiore, Italy, 21-23 June 2009.
Call for abstracts and other information are availbale at: www.e-therapy.info