This webinar concentrates on five areas of wage and hour law: paying exempt employees, calculating gross wages under the FLSA, deducting from an employee's wages, the nuts and bolts of physically paying employees and changing payroll frequencies.
Why you should attend
Join renowned payroll expert Vicki M. Lambert, CPP for this 5 and one-half hour "Boot Camp" format, Wage and Hour Training for Payroll Professionals! By knowing and understanding Wage and Hour requirements, you can help protect your company from what could be a major financial calamity.
This includes not only how to do the basic math of calculating overtime (using the required FLSA method) but what hours must be paid for, what payment methods are legal in which states, how soon to pay an employee after closing out the timecard, and making sure exempt employees are paid on a "salary basis".
- Gained knowledge of and skills in federal and applicable state wage and hour law as it pertains to payroll preparation
- An understanding of the proper calculation of gross pay
- And understand of the proper calculation of overtime pay
- A sound knowledge of the terminology used by the FLSA as it pertains to calculating overtime and hours worked
- Basic understanding what is considered hours worked
- Gained knowledge of when an employee must be given a lunch and when an employer may dock for meal periods
- Knowledge of the requirements for paying employees including pay frequencies permitted and methods allowed under state laws
- Gained knowledge in paying exempt employees properly
- The basic understanding of what must be included on a paystub
- A basic understanding of what is required when changing a payroll frequency
Who Will Benefit
- Payroll Executives/ Managers/ Administrators/ Professionals/ Practitioners/ Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/ Managers/ Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/ Executive Officers/ Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/ Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues