MedTech I.Q.

The Cutting Edge of Medical Technology Content, Community & Collaboration

Colleagues,

I have never heard of this program before, but it appears intriguing and potentially rewarding ...

My calculations indicate that we are looking at a new SBIR (Small Business Innovative Research) program that can yield an awardee up to $2,650,000.00 over a five year period.  A significant upgrade from the traditional SBIR of $850,000.00 over 2 to 3 years of execution ...

... Please correct me if I am wrong, and then

ENJOY!

CC
-------------------------------------------------

...Whether you're in industry or academia, you should put the SHIFT SBIR program on your radar screen...

... Companies get research dollars, expertise, and potentially, collaborators and resources. Academics benefit from a sustained period of support in a new environment and the opportunity to be a PI on a Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant... 

Higher Funding Levels, More Time

SHIFT SBIR is a win-win. With this brand new initiative, academic investigators move to a company to use their research skills to develop products.  Funding limits are higher and awards are longer than for normal SBIR grants.

Applicants may request the following:

• Phase I -- a maximum of $200,000 in annual total costs for up to two years.
  • Phase II -- a maximum of $750,000 in annual total costs for up to three years.

Companies apply for the grants, hiring academic investigators to serve as PIs.

As with all SBIRs, companies must be based in the U.S. and meet small-business eligibility requirements. Applications are due on Standard Due Dates for Competing Applications. Read SHIFT Award: Small Businesses Helping Investigators to Fuel the Tra... for details.

NIH is trying to make it easy for companies and academics to find each other with a Web site that lets investigators list their proposed research projects and expertise and lets companies post their research
interests.

Go to SHIFT Connector: Bringing Business Jobs to Academic Investigators, and follow the instructions on the page ...

Participating Institutions & centers include: NIAID, NIA, NIAAA, NIAMS, NICHD, NIDDK, NIDA, NIGMS, NHLBI, NCCAM, and NCRR..

Read on at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-10-122.html

Views: 80

© 2024   Created by CC-Conrad Clyburn-MedForeSight.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service