Note the following changes to the Biomedical Science and Engineering Conference announncement:
1. Call for papers is now closed.
2. Registration for foreign nationals has been extended to February 28.
3. Registration for US citizens closes March 13.
Please keep checking the conference website regualrly for program updates and plan on attending this event.
Conference website: http://computing.ornl.gov/cse_home/cms/conference/index.shtml
Call for Papers - 1st Annual Biomedical Science and Engineering Conference at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Note change of submission date below) (Now closed)
The Biomedical Science and Engineering Center (BSEC) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is hosting its first annual conference to address issues facing the medical community. The goal is to identify innovative, interdisciplinary research trends in biomedical technologies and research for maximum application-specific problem solving.
1) Biomedical Informatics (the intersection of computer science and medicine; i.e., data analytics, 3-D visualization, user interfaces, data fusion, and multi-modal integration)
2) Modeling and Simulation (visualization, organ models, mathematical, mechanistic and statistical modeling of biomedical problems)
3) Measurement Science and Imaging Techniques (diagnostic tools and devices, biomarkers and biosensors, advanced imaging technologies, and visualization techniques)
Participants are invited to submit abstracts for papers and posters to be presented at the conference. Key topics of interest include: wound healing; traumatic brain injury (TBI); inflammation; breast cancer and imaging; vascular pathologies; systems medicine (in context of data integration and visualization); neuronal development; knowledge discovery/data mining; tools/technologies for decision-making, diagnosis, and device development; and tools/technologies for data analytics, text and image processing, and machine learning.
Important dates to remember:
February 28, 2009 Foreign National Registration Deadline (No Exceptions)
February 20, 2009 Notification of acceptance/rejection of abstracts
March 13, 2009 Closing date for registraiton of US citizens
March 13, 2009 Four-page papers (IEEE format) due for review (electronic format only).
More information is available on the attached announcement and on the conference website:
The conference is co-sponsored by IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, and all proceedings will be published by IEEE:
. Please pass this information along to your colleagues, graduate students and post doctoral fellows, and others researchers who may be interested in these topics. Due to space limitations, no undergraduates may participate. We look forward to seeing you there.
Acting Director, Biomedical Science and Engineering Center (BSEC)
Program Manager - Biomedical Engineering (Modeling and Simulation Group)
Computational Sciences and Engineering Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
P.O. Box 2008, MS 6085
Bldg 5700, Rm D104
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6085
Phone: (865) 576-2681; fax: (865) 241-3191