The Cutting Edge of Medical Technology Content, Community & Collaboration
Through our partnership with GE Healthcare, Windber Medical Center is one of the first sites in the U.S. to deploy true sixteen-slice PET-CT imaging.
Windber Medical center's capabilities now combine the fastest and most sophisticated CT technology with the most advanced PET technology -- all in a single exam. Together, a PET/CT scan allows physicians to view metabolic activity and pinpoint where abnormalities are located so that they may target the disease.
* The potential of diagnostic confidence for patients suspected to have cancer, and those who already have the disease.
* Potential reduction of invasive procedures such as biopsies and unnecessary surgeries.
* Reduction in exam time. For example, patient results can be obtained in less than one hour rather than in one day or more using previous, separate technologies.
* Greater peace of mind for patients and their families, knowing that this technology provides comprehensive information. This technology also eliminates a "wait and see" approach, commonly used to monitor the patient during post-treatment, and sometimes even used during the actual therapy and treatment phase.
* Increased patient comfort due to the shorter exam time and, as a result, less time spent on the table.
NOTE: Windber Medical Center is no longer affiliated with the Conemaugh Health System. Our WindberCare videos are currently being updated to reflect this change.
Windber Medical Center, http://www.windbercare.com