This webinar can help you understand your responsibilities in terms of Purchasing Controls enabling you to provide safe and effective products to your customers.
Learn how to prevent quality and compliance problems by having a strong system for supplier audit and management! This webinar will help you to understand the regulations and how you can translate them into an efficient and effective process for managing your suppliers.
Why you should Attend: Inadequate supplier/purchasing control can lead to a multitude of problems including rejections or delays at receiving inspection; non-conformances and scrap on your manufacturing lines; and quality problems that can manifest later in the field resulting in MDRs and recalls.
Supplier management requires clear information about your supplier's strengths and weaknesses and capability to consistently meet your requirements. And without an effective suppler audit program, supplier management lacks awareness of the issues within their suppliers.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Understanding the regulations and expectations
- Lessons Learned
- Purchasing Controls Process
- Evaluation of Suppliers
- Balance between purchasing control and receiving inspection
- Which suppliers need to be audited
- Auditing Criteria
- Auditing Process
- Performance Management
- Feedback and Communication
- Best Practices
- Inspection Readiness
Who Will Benefit:
- Responsibilities for supplier management and purchasing controls
- Balance between supplier management and receiving inspection
- Enforcement case studies and lessons learned
- Quality agreements
- Using a structured program to identify areas of risk leading to an effective audit strategy
- How to develop a meaningful structure of oversight, audit, transparent communication, and escalation to management review
- Supplier Engineers
- Supplier Auditors
- Supplier/Purchasing Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Supplier Quality Engineers
- Compliance Personnel
- Compliance Specialists
- Quality/Compliance managers or directors for Medical Device companies
- General Managers wanting to learn how to Management Review and expectations
Susanne Manz ,MBA, MBB, RAC, CQA is an accomplished leader in the medical device industry with emphasis on quality, compliance, and six sigma. She has an extensive background in quality and compliance for medical devices from new product development, to operations, to post-market activities. While at GE, J&J, and Medtronic, Susanne worked in various world-wide roles including Executive Business Consultant, WW Director of Quality Engineering and, Design Quality, and Director of Corporate Compliance. Susanne has a BS in Biomedical Engineering and an MBA from the University of NM.