The Cutting Edge of Medical Technology Content, Community & Collaboration
For U.S. advocates of Health Information Technology (HIT), see historic press conference on final rules for "Meaningful Use"...
I found Director, ONC HIT, Dr David Blumenthal's comments particularly interesting on core professionalism in handling medical information and EHRs ...
... Also, get an introduction to Dr Donald Berwick, in his first speech as Director, CMS ...
- Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary, US Dept of Health & Human Services (HHS)
- Dr. Donald Berwick, Director, Center for Medicare & Medicare Services (CMS)
- Dr. David Blumenthal, Director, ONC for Health IT
- Dr Regina Benjamin, US Surgeon General
- Reginal Holliday, patient advocate
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announces final rules to help improve Americans' health, increase safety and reduce health care costs through expanded use of electronic health records (EHR).
A CMS/ONC fact sheet on the rules is available at http://www.cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms/
Technical fact sheets on CMS's final rule are available at http://www.cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms/
A technical fact sheet on ONC's standards and certification criteria final rule is available at http://healthit.hhs.gov/standardsandc...